Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bellingham smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Bellingham home’s security and automation. See what it can do and check out suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Bellingham?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote operation through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded footage from your connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bellingham by programming schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. For instance, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bellingham
Even though many users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add another user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote capability, select phone or email and provide the info to send an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bellingham security system. Contact (360) 968-8970 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.