Daily shipments have become commonplace for numerous people as a result of the rise of online shopping. You love the convenience of having items left right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a real issue, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are fantastic tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll become a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Bellingham video doorbell
Found in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to progress. You can now implement detection zones, talk to people at your door, and obtain instant notifications whenever something is delivered.
The best way to find out how a Bellingham video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in discouraging burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of visitors on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid footage no matter the hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the use of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you like to know when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive instant alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and deliveries.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Reciprocal audio lets you ask their purpose for being there. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to frighten off people hanging around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to customize detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will allow you to cut down on false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to see live and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you may access them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with the person at your door. They’ve turned into game-changers in terms of security and convenience.