Ways to cut down on false alarms in Bellingham
False alarms are a real issue for home security systems. They not only decrease the trust you have in your installation, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you may do some things to minimize false alarms from your Bellingham sensors and alarms.
First, be sure that your devices connected properly. This might seem like an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors lead to false alarms. For the next step, check out likely sources of false alarms, including entry points that could be kept open mistakenly. And of course, feel free to incorporate the extra features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Bellingham.
Could it be really that easy? Read on and discover for yourself.
Can you stop false alarms in Bellingham?
Like diagnosing any concern, the first thing to do is read the manual. Ensure all alarms and sensors are installed correctly on your end by:
- Performing a diagnostic via your smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each device to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your preset schedules to be certain that your system isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all integrated smart components are installed in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your system.
Call your Vivint specialist if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Bellingham home. They'll gladly dispatch a trained expert to check your equipment.
Inspect your entry points
When your installation checks out installed properly, the next measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or do you find some inadvertently open? If an access point stays unlatched, it may trip an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your clan constantly fails to shut an entrance, you could incorporate a smart locking system that secures automatically when your system goes live. Sadly, windows take extra manual maintenance, especially if you have a loved one who enjoys to rest with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it simple to deactivate that device while still guarding the remainder of the house.
Automation is a great method to cut down on false alarms in Bellingham
One of the smartest methods to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your home security system. With your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you’re on site and prevent false alarms that result from mistakenly unlatching doors or windows. Then have it automatically engage again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disengage whenever your smart front door lock is triggered with the correct code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm your system if you exit the premises, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Receive smartphone updates when your components sense unusual activity or have need of a battery change.
- Connect your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you can disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Bellingham when you get a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of authority over your home security means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, reach out to (360) 968-8970 or send in the form on this page.